As we age, our bodies necessarily begin to show a pinch of wear. This is nothing to feel humiliated about even so it is usually something that we do not necessarily like. An ideal example of this is the appearance of crow’s feet.
Crow’s feet are tiny wrinkles that appear around the eye. They’re likewise called “giggle lines” or “personality lines. ” But despite these flattering synonyms, they are still a fundamentally inescapable sign of aging.
As we get older, our skin starts to lose its elasticity – leading to the familiar lines we refer to as facial wrinkles. A main reason for this being, our body starts to produce less collagen and elastin as we age – the two proteins mainly responsible for our skin’s flexibility.
If you already have crow’s feet – do not fret, you aren’t alone. There are a few systems you need to follow to try to minimise the appearance of wrinkles.
- Apply a facial cream: Some creams can greatly help to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet. Look for creams that contain ingredients that promote skin elasticity like retinol (vitamin A).
- Cosmetic procedures: Crow’s feet become most pronounced when the skin around the eye is stretched – when we smile, squint, etc. A procedure such as Botox would restrict this movement, and therefore limit the quantity of movement (and development of crow’s feet) round the eyes.
If you don't already have crow’s feet – lucky you! But these are some ways in which you can stop the appearance of wrinkles that may appear round the eye
- Avoid overexposure to the sun and wear sun screen. UV rays decreases collagen and elastin which are critical to skin’s flexibility.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking can accelerate growing older.
- Eat well. Diet can play a massive role in protecting the skin. Vitamin A, C, and E, are thought to have properties that can contribute to skin’s elasticity.
As discussed earlier, Crow’s feet are inescapable, but don't worry because they are able to be simply managed with the methodologies mentioned above!
Andrea Hamilton is a keen writer. She writes about health, beauty and skincare. Andrea is constantly in search for natural wrinkle removers and effective techniques to achieve facelift without surgery.